|Sam's Amazing Race 1|
|Season Run||March 2 – May 18 2008|
|Filmed||November 3 – November 29 2007|
|Winning Team||Shii Ann & Amber|
|Distance Travelled||29,000 miles|
|Number Of Legs||11|
|Number Of Teams||9|
|All-Stars||Amy & Marcellas|
|none||Sam's Amazing Race 2|
This is the first season of the fictional reality series, Sam's Amazing Race. Former contestants from Reality TV Shows had to apply by November 1, 2007 and casting interviews took place on November 18, 2007. The votes were opened to pick teams on November 22, 2007 and were closed on December 3.
Sam's Amazing Race 1 crossed nearly 50,000 km in 26 days. Teams raced over 4 continents. The penalty for coming in last on a non-elimination leg was the "marked for elimination" penalty. A shortlist of 20 teams of former reality televisions stars were chosen for the public vote to pick who would race. It was revealed after the race that Nancy & Emily got the most votes to get into the race and Amy & Marcellas got the least.
|Team||Relationship||Position (by leg)|| Roadblocks|
|Shii Ann & Amber||Friends||7th||7th||4th||3rdA||5th||1stƒ||1st>||2nd||2nd||2nd||1st||Shii Ann 5, Amber 5|
|Amy & Marcellas||Best Friends||3rd||5th||3rd||5thB||2nd||5th||4th<3||3rd||1stƒ||3rd||2nd||Amy 5, Marcellas 5|
|Marc & Rovilson||Best Buddies||8th||1stƒ||2nd||4thB||3rd||2nd||2nd||1st||3rd||1st5||3rd||Marc 5, Rovilson 5|
|Nancy & Emily||Mother-Daughter||5th||3rd>||6th1||1stƒC||1st||4th||3rd||4th||4th4||Nancy 3, Emily 4|
|Todd & Courtney||Castaways||2nd||2nd||1stƒ||1stƒC||4th||3rd||5th||Todd 3, Courtney 2|
|Bill & Tammy||Married Parents||3rd||4th||5th||6thA||Bill 1, Tammy 2|
|Brooke & Syesha||Singers||6th||6th||7th||Brooke 2, Syesha 0|
|Dick & Daniele||Father-Daughter||1st||8th<||Dick 0, Daniele 1|
|Mark & Jay||Brothers||9th||Mark 0, Jay 0|
Note 1: Nancy & Emily arrived in 3rd place but received a 2 hour penalty as they accidentally worked together on the Roadblock. They dropped to 6th.
Note 2: Leg 7 was double-length with two Detours and two Roadblocks shown over two episodes.
Note 3: Amy & Marcellas arrived in 4th, but were issued a 30 minute penalty for being "marked for elimination" and not arriving 1st. This did not affect their placement.
Note 4: Nancy & Emily had been "marked for elimination;" however, since they arrived last, they were eliminated without being issued the 30 minute penalty.
Note 5: Marc & Rovilson arrived 1st, but received a 1 hour penalty for speeding. This did not affect their placement.
- Red means the team was eliminated.
- Underlined Blue means the team was last and was "marked for elimination" meaning that if the team didn't arrive 1st on the next leg, they would receive a 30-minute penalty.
- Green ƒ means the team won the Fast Forward clue. A green-colored leg number indicates that the Fast Forward was available for that leg but not used.
- > means the team used the Yield. < means the team was Yielded.
- Matching letters means the teams paired up at an Intersection.
Episode Title Quotes Edit
- The World is Waiting for You - Phil Keoghan
- This is Giving Me Shivers Down My Spine - Amy
- I'm Not Joining Some Stupid Charity Band - Courtney
- On To the Islands! - Shii Ann
- Unreliability is Expensive - Nancy
- You Better Not Get Drunk Here - Amy
- I've Just Fattened Out My Clothes - Amber
- Don't Touch! I've Just Had a Manicure! - Marcellas
- Is That You or the Fish? - Marc
- I'm Becoming an Elephant Maid Now - Emily
- Who Knew Sailing Could Be Dangerous? - Shii Ann
- Look, We've Won! Oh Wait, We Haven't! - Amy
Leg Prizes Edit
The prize for each leg is awarded to the first place team for that leg. All trips are sponsored by Sam's Tours.
- A Trip For Two to Ireland
- A Weekend in Hawaii
- A Trip Around the United Kingdom
- A Week in the Australian Desert
- A Week in Vermont
- A Month in Central America
- A Villa in Spain, paid fully by Polaris World
- A Trip Around South America
- A Trip to the Amazon Rainforest
- $25,000 each
| Air travel destination Bus travel destination Railroad destination Water travel destination |
Detour Roadblock Intersection Yield Fast Forward Pit Stop
Leg 1 (United States → Northern Ireland)Edit
- San Diego, California, United States (Windansea Beach) (Starting Point)
- San Diego (San Diego International Airport) to Belfast, Northern Ireland (George Best Belfast City Airport)
- Belfast (Waterfront Hall) (unused, unaired)
- Belfast (Bus Station) to Newry (Bus Station) (Overnight Rest)
- Bangor (Bangor Marina)
The Fast Forward required teams to find it at the Waterfront Hall. The detour choices were Roll or Race. In Roll, teams made their way to the Quays Mall and played against a team of two at a game of bowls. If the teams won, they would get their next clue. In Race, teams made their way to the other mall in Newry. Once there, teams found the swimming pool and took part in a relay race of swimming against two local professional swimmers. If the teams won the race, they would receive the next clue.
- Additional Task
- At the Belfast Bus Station, teams had to sign up for buses to Newry in the morning.
Leg 2 (Northern Ireland → France)Edit
- County Antrim (Giant's Causeway)
- Belfast (Belfast International Airport) to Strasbourg, Alsace, France (Strasbourg Airport)
- Strasbourg (Petite France)
- Strasbourg (Louise Weiss Building)
- Riquewihr (Vineyard)
- Riquewihr (Clock Tower)
The Fast Forward required teams to search the 40,000 basalt columns of the Giant's Causeway to find one with a Fast Forward sticker on it. The detour choices were Parks or Photos. In Parks, teams must take a tandem bike and cycle to Orangerie. Once there, teams must find a bench with a yellow and white flag on it, where teams will find the next clue. Photos required teams to collect a camera and take pictures of three different areas around Petite France. The roadblock required one team member to make and drink a bottle of wine.
Leg 3 (France)Edit
- Cancale, Brittany (Café)
- Saint-Malo (Main Square)
- Rennes (Jardin Botanique du Thabor)
- Vitré (Old Barracks of Infantry Regiment)
For the Fast Forward, both team members must eat 5 oysters each to receive the next clue. The detour choices were Band or Beach. In Band, teams must find a Celtic band and then perform a song with them to receive the next clue. In Beach, teams must make their way to the beach. Once there, teams must run 2 miles down the beach to get to a clue box. The Roadblock required one team member to find one example of a tropical tree, an African tree and a European tree in the gardens.
Leg 4 (France → Italy)Edit
- Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (La Corniche)
- Marseille (Port of Marseilles) to Porto Torres, Sardinia, Italy
- Alghero (Neptune's Grotto)
- Alghero (Nuraghe di Palmavera)
- Tinnura Village
- Olbia (Studitalia)
- Alghero (Andrea Jensen)
The Fast Forward required teams to follow a confusing path to get their clue. The detour choices were Scenic Railroad or Scenic Drive. In Scenic Railroad, teams must go on foot to a specific train station and then get on a train to the fifth stop from the station. If teams miss this station, they must go by train back around the island until they find the clue. In Scenic Drive, teams must take a marked car to the same train station. The Roadblock had one team member learn 10 phrases in Italian.
Leg 5 (Italy → The Gambia)Edit
- Cagliari (Cagliari-Elmas Airport) to Banjul, The Gambia (Banjul International Airport)
- Serekunda (Wresting Arena) (unused, unaired)
- Niamina East Division (River Gambia National Park)
- Western Division (Bijilo Forest Park)
- Banjul (Arch 22)
The Fast Forward required teams to win a wrestling match against a local amateur. The detour choices were Monkey or Chimp. In Monkey, teams must travel to Abuko Nature Reserve and then feed 5 wild monkeys. In Chimp, teams must take a boat out to the Baboon Islands and then take a photo of a chimpanzee to receive the next clue. For the roadblock, one team member must find 5 birds in pictures given to them.
Leg 6 (The Gambia → South Africa)Edit
- Banjul (Banjul International Airport) to Cape Town, South Africa (Cape Town International Airport)
- Cape Town (Robben Island)
- Cape Town (Table Mountain)
- Cape Town (Slave Lodge)
- Cape Town (Langa Township)
- Stellenbosch (Lievland Estate)
For the Fast Forward, teams must find Nelson Mandela's former prison cell. The detour choices were Bike or Climb. In Bike, teams must find a mountain bike each and then cycle up the mountain to get to a clue box. In Climb, teams must use a mechanical ascender to get up to the top of Table Mountain to the same clue box. The Roadblock required team members to buy coloring pens and a coloring book from a shop in the Langa Township and then take them to a child in the Township.
Leg 7 (South Africa → India)Edit
- Cape Town (Cape Town International Airport) to Shamshabad, Andhra Pradesh, India (Hyderabad International Airport)
- Hyderabad (Qutub Shahi Tombs)
- Hyderabad (Birla Mandir)
- Hyderabad (Golconda Fort)
- Hyderabad (Charminar) (Leg Midpoint)
- Hyderabad (Hyderabad Railway Staton) to Chennai, Tamil Nadu (Chennai Central)
- Chennai (Ramakrishna Temple) (unused, unaired)
- Chennai (Snake Park)
- Chennai (Market)
- Chennai (Fort St. George)
- First Half
The detour choices were Eat it Up or Search it Out. In Eat it Up, teams must go to the Paradise Hotel and then eat one plate of biryani each. In Search it Out, teams must go to the Hussain Sagar Lake, and look for a clue kept near statues of prominent figures in the history of the state which are present on the eastern shore of the lake. For this roadblock, one team member must climb up confusing staircases and passageways to their next clue.
- Second Half
For the Fast Forward, teams must make a religious offering. The detour choices were Biter or Snapper. In Biter, teams must use a net to trap a snake and then deliver the snake to a snake catcher who will give the team the next clue. In Snapper, teams must help transport a crocodile into a new pit. The roadblock required one team member to find a shopkeeper in a maze of streets and alleys and hundreds of people.
- Additional Task
- After the detour, teams had to drive locals in a taxi to a location in Chennai. Once teams arrive, they will receive the next clue.
Leg 8 (India → Thailand)Edit
- Chennai (Chennai International Airport) to Phuket, Thailand (Phuket International Airport)
- Phuket (Big Buddha) (unused, unaired)
- Krabi (Noppharattara Beach)
- Krabi (Buri Tara Resort)
- Krabi (Tiger Cave Temple)
The unaired Fast Forward had teams assemble a Buddhist shrine and gold leaf a small Buddha statue, The detour choices were Fish Picnic or Fish Catch. Fish Picnic had teams go to Tup Island and find the only picnicker with a fish sandwich. In Fish Catch, teams must go to Koh Pan Yi and then catch 5 fish from the pier. The roadblock required one team member to scuba dive and find a giant clam and get a clue from inside it.
Leg 9 (Thailand → Cambodia)Edit
- Krabi (Krabi Airport) to Siem Reap, Cambodia (Angkor International Airport)
- Siem Reap (Angkor Wat)
- Siem Reap (The Happy Ranch)
- Siem Reap (Siem Reap Port) to Phnom Penh (Phnom Penh Port)
- Phnom Penh (Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum)
- Phnom Penh (Choeung Ek Killing Fields) (unused, unaired)
- Phnom Penh (Silver Pagoda)
The Fast Forward required teams to ride a horse over 5 fences each. The detour choices were Scrub or Scour. In Scrub, teams must find Banteay Srei and then wash all of the markings off of an elephant painted for religious ceremonies. In Scour, teams must find Bayon and then search all of the Buddha statues for one with a clue box behind it. The roadblock required one team member to take a tour of the museum and answer a series of questions on the tour. Once they got them all right, they'd get their next clue.
Leg 10 (Cambodia → Canada)Edit
- Phnom Penh (Phnom Penh International Airport) to Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Vancouver International Airport)
- Vancouver (Grouse Mountain)
- Vancouver (Cooper's Boating)
- Vancouver (Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden)
The detour choices were Stride or Glide. In Stride, teams must take a taxi to Stanley Park and find the totem poles on foot. In Glide, teams must take a gondola to the top of the mountain. Then, teams must hang glide back to the bottom to get the next clue. For the roadblock, one team member had to take part in a sailing race against a local. If the team member wins, they will receive the next clue. If they lose, they will receive a 1-hour penalty.
Leg 11 (Canada → United States)Edit
- Vancouver (Vancouver International Airport) to Las Vegas, Nevada, United States (McCarran International Airport)
- Las Vegas (Stratosphere Las Vegas)
- Las Vegas (Red Rock Canyon)
- Las Vegas (Las Vegas Beltway)
- Las Vegas (Golden Nugget Las Vegas)
- Las Vegas (The Venetian)
- Pahrump (Finish Line)
The final detour choices were Fire or Fly. In Fire, teams must go to the Gun Store and shoot a machine gun at 10 targets. In Fly, teams must go to Flyaway and do an indoor skydive. For the Final Roadblock, one team member must put up pictures of the former teams in the order they were eliminated, and what country they were eliminated in. If they are correct, they will get their next clue. If they are wrong, they will have to start again.
- Additional Tasks