|Sam's Amazing Race 2|
|Season Run||June 15 – August 17 2008|
|Filmed||March 11 – April 6 2008|
|Winning Team||Lena & Kristy|
|Distance Travelled||41,000 miles|
|Number Of Legs||10|
|Number Of Teams||9|
|All-Stars||Lena & Kristy|
|Sam's Amazing Race 1||Sam's Amazing Race 3|
This is the second season of the fictional reality series, Sam's Amazing Race.
The second race lasted 26 days during Spring 2008. It went to 9 countries. This race crossed 5 continents and 41,000 miles. Applications for this race were due between January and February 2008. Interviews took place in Los Angeles in late February and the cast was finalized in March. Teams were originally supposed to fly to Tanzania at the beginning of the final leg but the location was changed to Mombasa at the last minute for an unknown reason.
|Team||Relationship||User||Position (by leg)||Roadblocks|
|Lena & Kristy||Sisters||Raymond||2nd||5th||4th||1stƒ||5th||2nd||4th||1stƒA||1st||1st||Lena 4, Kristy 3|
|Linda & Karen||Bowling Moms||autowil||6th||2nd||1st||5th||1st||4th||1stƒ||3rdB||3rd||2nd||Linda 4, Karen 4|
|Edwin & Monica||Dating 10 Years||Vicdemort||1st||3rd||3rd||2nd||2nd||3rd||2nd||1stƒA||2nd||3rd||Edwin 4, Monica 4|
|Derek & Drew||Twins/Models||eragonDK||4th||1stƒ||6th||4th>||3rd||1st||3rd||4thB||Derek 3, Drew 3|
|Mardy & Marsio||Brothers||Zack||3rd||4th||2nd||2nd||4th||5th||Mardy 2, Marsio 3|
|Nathan & Jennifer||Dating||RealityFan||8th||6th||5th||6th<||Nathan 2, Jennifer 1|
|Hayden & Aaron||Married Actors||Sprinter||7th||7th||7th||Hayden 1, Aaron 1|
|Chris & Alex||Lifelong Friends||redwings8831||5th||8th||Chris 1, Alex 0|
|Dustin & Kandice||Beauty Queens||verysmiley||9th||Dustin 0, Kandice 0|
- Red means the team was eliminated.
- Underlined Blue means the team was last and was "marked for elimination" meaning that if the team didn't arrive 1st on the next leg, they would receive a 30-minute penalty.
- Green ƒ means the team won the Fast Forward clue. A green-colored leg number indicates that the Fast Forward was available for that leg but not used.
- > means the team used the Yield. < means the team was Yielded.
- Matching letters means the teams paired up at an Intersection.
Episode Title Quotes Edit
- Maybe We'll Bond Over the Fourth-Place Curse! - Marsio
- Now Our Feet Will be Minty Fresh! - Linda
- That's Our Strategy Down the Toilet - Hayden
- We Seem to be Racing With a Bunch of Mutes - Mardy
- Uh, I'm not a bull fan - Mardy
- I thought the hay was your hair - Kristy
- That Bitch Bit Me - And the Bitch is not The Crocodile - Monica
- Don't Talk to Me, I'm a Horrible Person Apparently - Edwin
- And the Carnivorous, Possibly Man-eating When Provoked Leopard is? - Lena
- Can't we Wait till Tomorrow? I'm Too Tired! - Kristy
Leg Prizes Edit
- $20,000 each
- A villa in Hawaii
- Kodak EasyShare Cameras
- A trip for two to Alberta, Canada
- Tickets for a trip to all the countries visited during the race
- A trip to Cancún, Mexico
- Free Airplane tickets for the next year
- A trip to Siem Reap, Cambodia
- A trip around South America
| Air travel destination Bus travel destination Railroad destination Water travel destination |
Detour Roadblock Intersection Yield Fast Forward Pit Stop
Leg 1 (United States → Iceland)Edit
- Chicago, Illinois, United States (Boat on Lake Michigan) (Starting Point)
- Chicago (Port of Chicago)
- Chicago (O'Hare International Airport) to Keflavík, Iceland (Keflavík International Airport)
- Reykjavík (Perlan)
- Reykjavík (Winter Sports Centre)
- Reykjavík (Bus Station) to Vatnajökull
The detour choices were On Skis or On Legs. In On Skis, teams must get onto a snowmobile and then go on a 12 mile course to the next clue box. In On Legs, teams must go and dog sled with a driver that speaks no English. The team must direct this driver on a specific 7 mile course to get the next clue, using a hand drawn map.
- Additional Tasks
- At the start, teams had to swim to a yellow and white flag on the shore.
- After the detour, teams had to sign up for one of three buses to Vatnajökull.
- At Vatnajokull Glacier, teams had to climb up an ice wall to get to the pit stop.
Leg 2 (Iceland → Japan)Edit
- Grindavík (Blue Lagoon)
- Keflavík (Keflavík International Airport) to Chitose, Japan (New Chitose Airport)
- Sapporo (Pioneer Village)
- Sapporo (Odori Park)
- Sapporo (Asahiyama Koen)
The Fast Forward required teams to bathe in a Silica Mud Bath. The detour choices were Large Heights or Tiny Search. In Large Heights, teams must climb the tower at Hyakunen Kinentou. Once both team members are at the top, they will receive the next clue. But before opening it, they must rappel back down to the bottom of the tower. In Tiny Search, teams must go into the Pioneer Village and search for their next clue. However, teams don’t know that the clue box they are looking for is tiny and is very hard to see. The Roadblock had one team member make an ice sculpture for the Sapporo Snow Festival. If the sculptor is satisfied with the team member’s effort, they will receive the next clue.
- Additional Task
- At the Blue Lagoon, teams had to get their feet into a pool of fish, which eat away at their dead skin. Once the fish have finished, teams would get their next clue.
Leg 3 (Japan → Malaysia)Edit
- Sapporo (Sapporo Okadama Aiport) to Tokyo (Tokyo International Airport)
- Tokyo (Narita International Airport) to Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia (Sultan Mahmud International Airport)
- Kuala Terengganu (Pasar Besar)
- Kuala Terengganu (Duyong Island) (unused)
- Redang Island (Pasir Panjang Beach)
The detour choices on this leg were Boat it or Bite it. In Boat it, teams must go to the docks and row one of the marked boats to the Perhentian Islands. On the island, teams would get the next clue. In Bite it, teams must search for a stall selling Keropok Lekor. Once there, each team member must eat a bowl of Keropok Lekor to receive the next clue. The Roadblock required one team member to sail the course of the Monsoon Cup.
Leg 4 (Malaysia → New Zealand)Edit
- Redang Island (Pelangi Dive Centre)
- Kuala Terengganu (Sultan Mahmud International Airport) to Christchurch, New Zealand (Christchurch International Airport)
- Christchurch (International Antarctic Centre)
- Christchurch (Lyttleton Farmers Market)
- Christchurch (Royal New Zealand Air Force Museum)
- Christchurch (Ferrymead Heritage Park)
The Fast Forward required teams to endure blizzard conditions for 10 minutes. The detour choices were Deal or Deliver. In Deal, teams must sell 15 turkeys to locals at the correct price. Teams may exchange the money they collected for their next clue. In Deliver, teams must collect a pig from a farmer and carry it to a marked stall on the other side of the market, where they’ll get the next clue. The Roadblock required one team member to clean one of the full size air force planes in the museum to get the next clue.
- Additional Task
- At the Pelangi Dive Centre, teams had to go scuba diving for their next clue.
Leg 5 (New Zealand → Australia)Edit
- Christchurch (Christchurch International Airport) to Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia (Gold Coast Airport)
- Gold Coast (Surfers Paradise Beach)
- Gold Coast (Australian Outback Spectacular)
- Gold Coast (Dreamworld - Big Brother Australia House)
The detour choices on this leg were Sand or Sea. In Sand, teams must search in a marked part of the beach for one of five buried clues. In Sea, teams must do an Australian surf rescue. Once the person they have rescued is back on shore, the team will receive the next clue. The Roadblock required one team member to stay on a mechanical bull for 2 minutes without falling off.
Leg 6 (Australia)Edit
- Gold Coast (Bus Station) to Mooloolaba (Bus Station)
- Mooloolaba (Mooloolaba Yacht Club)
- Brisbane (Brisbane Airport) to Adelaide, South Australia (Adelaide Airport)
- Adelaide (University of Adelaide) (unused)
- Adelaide (Adelaide Street Circuit)
- Adelaide (Glenelg Beach Pier)
The detour choices on this leg were Below Sea Level or Above Sea Level. In Below Sea Level, teams must go to UnderWater World and walk together across a pool filled with sharks to get a clue from a small chest. In Above Sea Level, teams must go to Sunshine Coast Skydivers and each team member must complete a 10,000ft skydive to get the next clue. The Roadblock required one team member to make 50 laps of the circuit in a racecar.
- Additional Task
- At the Univeristy of Adelaide, teams had to get themselves a boat and go down river until they reach their next clue.
Leg 7 (Australia → India)Edit
- Adelaide (Adelaide Airport) to New Delhi, India (Indira Gandhi International Airport)
- Delhi (Red Fort)
- New Delhi (New Delhi Railway Station) to Jaipur, Rajasthan (Railway station)
- Jaipur (Johari Bazaar)
- Jaipur (Amber Fort)
- Jaipur (Railway station) to Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (Charbagh Railway Station)
- Lucknow (Kukrail Crocodile Forest)
- Lucknow (Bara Imambara)
The Fast Forward required teams to find a shopkeeper using only a photo of him. The detour was Boxes or Bangles. In Boxes, teams must load 10 larges boxes filled with shawls onto two bicycles. Once the team has done that, they must deliver the boxes to another market where they will get their next clue. In Bangles, teams must find a small shop in the market. Once there, teams must search through hundreds of bangles for one with has their next destination written on it. The Roadblock required one team member to help workers at the sanctuary to transport one crocodile from one pit to another.
Leg 8 (India)Edit
- Lucknow (Tundey's Kebab Shop)
- Lucknow to Varanasi
- Varanasi (Panchanga Ghat)
- Varanasi (Varanasi Cantonment Railway Station) to Agra (Agra Fort railway station)
- Agra (Fatehpur Sikri)
- Agra (Taj Mahal) (unaired)
The Fast Forward required intersected teams to eat a kebab each. The detour choices on this leg were Silk or Sitar. In Silk, teams must find the Mehrotra Silk Factory and weave some silk into a textile. If the factory worker is happy with the team’s job, the team will receive the next clue. In Sitar, teams must collect a sitar and deliver it to a shopkeeper in a market 25 miles away to receive the next clue. The unaired Roadblock required one team member to build a small version of the Taj Mahal using only sticks.
Leg 9 (India → Kenya)Edit
- New Delhi (Indira Gandhi International Airport) to Nairobi, Kenya (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport)
- Nairobi (Nairobi National Park)
- Nairobi (Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage)
- Nairobi (Bomas of Kenya)
- Nairobi to Lake Nakuru National Park
- Naivasha (Simba Lodge)
The detour choices on this leg were Still Image or Fast Reflexes. In Still Image, teams must draw and color in a lion picture using a model for reference. If the team’s efforts are good enough, they will receive the next clue. In Fast Reflexes, teams must take a photo of a cheetah running using a Kodak EasyShare camera. The Roadblock required one team member to get a pink clue envelope in a lake that has flamingos in it.
- Additional Task
- At the Elephant Orphanage, teams had to pick an elephant and ride it to the Bomas of Kenya, where a man would give teams one of two bus times for the following morning - 6.30am or 7am.
Leg 10 (Kenya → Mexico → United States)Edit
- Nairobi (Jomo Kenyatta International Airport) to Mombasa (Moi International Airport)
- Mombasa (Tuk-tuk Company)
- Mombasa (Njali Theatre)
- Mombasa (Moi International Airport) to Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico (General Abelardo L. Rodríguez International Airport)
- Ensenada (El Coral Hotel)
- Los Angeles, California, United States (Getty Center)
- Los Angeles (San Pedro Ferry Terminal) to Avalon, Santa Catalina Island (Avalon Terminal)
- Avalon (Brown's Bike Hire)
- Avalon (Catalina Island Golf Course)
- Avalon (Avalon Terminal) to Long Beach (Ferry Terminal)
- La Mirada (La Mirada Regional Park) (Finish Line)
The final detour choices were Big Stunt or Big Fish. In Big Stunt, teams must complete a film stunt to get their next clue. In Big Fish, teams must collect two swordfish and deliver them to an eatery to get their next clue. The Final Roadblock required one team member to map out the route that the race followed during the race. Once teams get it exactly right, they would be able to run to the finish line, which would be in their sight the entire time.
- Additional Tasks
- At the Tuk-tuk company, teams must take 3 passengers for fares to locations around Mombasa. Teams must take the fares back to the company to get the next clue.
- At the Theater, teams must sign up for a charter flight to Tijuana. One will leave at 7am, another at 7.10am and the last at 7.25am.
- At the Bike Company, teams had to rent a tandem bike and follow a flagged course to their next clue.
- At the Golf Course, teams had to hit a 175-yard shot to receive their next clue